Didi Amita
from Didi Amita


Every step I move my leg in Gensan, my first posting I saw children around. They are so pure and when I look to their eyes full of hope telling me that they want to have a better future. I went to Alabel a small village 45 minutes from Gensan, to visit one sister, many kids are there. When I ask them do they go to school, they answer me “no” in very sad face. I can feel they’re telling me why my friends can go to school, and why I can’t?

I observe there’s not enough school. That sister requested me to build one school for them. I ask myself how can I fulfill her request? I have nothing in my hand even a single Peso? After long discussion finally she offer her land 150m to be donated! I was so happy… I still don’t know if is it still possible to build the school only for 2 weeks before the classes started and nothing is in my hands? Even a single cloth for banner I don’t have, that night I just cut my sarii and write on it for enrollment.

Can you imagine that still nothing in your land but already accepting kids, within three days we get 4 kids enrolled and until 7 kids! But how they will study? I just close my eyes and calling His name, then I was so happy when I saw Dada and Didi with some brothers from Davao Training Center came with chairs, tables, and many things.. They came to build the school! I can’t express how much happiness I feel, only one word shout from my heart “thanks Baba……” That day we start to build the school, everybody do the carpenter work. In the evening we have our first DC there! Finally the school finished in 5 days!

The building is so simple and still not complete yet but we have to use already. Jiivaprema, Janaki, teacher Rama, some sisters and myself do painting. I can’t express my feeling when I saw all of them doing the work very sincere.. I can’t control when my tears rolling down. Also sister Sadhana, I feel happiness in my heart because I could share something with them. Only one sentence can express my feeling is “thank you Baba for your grace”.

Now the school is going on with 11 kids.

AMSAI in Alabel